- A Hiker’s Guide to Trailside Plants, John B. Hall introduces you many of the plants—both native and nonnative—that you are likely to encounter on Hawai‘i’s trails.
- For easy reference, plants in this handy book have been divided into the following climatic zones: Coastal, Dry Forest, Mesic Forest, Wet Forest, and Alpine. Each color-coded zone is further subdivided into Herbs, Shrubs, Trees, Vines, Ferns, and Miscellaneous. Along the way, author John B. Hall points out notable features— leaf shape, flower color, and even taste—that will help you to identify each plant.
- Authored by John B. Hall.
- Dimensions: 8" x 5" x 1"
- 240 pages with 273 photographs.
- Published by a Hawaii publishing company.
book: Trailside Plants in Hawai'i